Rise: The New and First Time Manager ProgramDecember 9, 2021 2022-07-31 23:58
Rise: The New and First Time Manager Program
New Manager Program
Most young managers and leaders grow to people manager roles due to their superior performance as individual contributors. The Rise program focuses on measurable development of crucial skills required to be effective as a people manager.
Gamified and blended learning journey
Rise has a unique, gamified, and blended learning journey. The program focuses on 6 crucial managerial skills – trust, goal setting, prioritisation, delegation, feedback, motivation and well being. Each skill is transferred through a blended approach with pre-workshop engagement and preparation, live and gamified master classes with action planning, and post-workshop spaced learning, reflection circles, and evaluation.
#1 - The Smartcity Challenge
A self-paced, action-packed, business simulation game in which participants take on the role of a leader who needs to steer their team to success by focusing on key managerial and leadership behaviours. Participants receive an individualised, leadership style report after playing the game.
- Discover the essential management skills and behaviours
- Appreciate the need to display the key managerial behaviours consistently
- Reflect on their innate managerial styles and identify specific focus areas
#2 People First Mindset
A gamified workshop where participants discover the importance of building trust and taking a people first approach while building and leading teams.
- Transition from being a Task Manager to a People Manager
- Appreciate the role of Trust as a fuel for performance
- Discover the Skill/Will matrix
#3 Driving Results
This session is delivered using a business simulation game in which participants work in teams to improve the performance of a struggling team inside a larger organization
- Set stretch goals
- Clarify goals
- Prioritise using principles of Kanban
- Delegate work effectively
#4 Art of Feedforward
A driven discovery session where participants explore the power of questions, the importance of conducting frequent check-ins, and providing structured feedback using the STAR/AR framework.
- Conduct performance root cause analysis
- Appreciate the importance of check-in discussions
- Conduct structured feedback discussions using the STAR/AR framework
#5 Motivation and Well Being
A series of group processes and exercises where participants explore techniques to keep their teams motivated, happy, and inspired.
- Understand key drivers of motivation
- Avoid motivation drainers
- Help team members structure and organise work efficiently
- Build resilience
The Rise learning journey is completely customisable. You can add the following topics to the learning journey to suit the needs of your audience.
Influence without authority
Managerial decision making
Work structuring and task planning
All participants who achieve a threshold score in the evaluation process, are presented a Certificate of Merit.
Program evaluation criterion:
The program is evaluated using two metrics:
- Engagement metrics: These metrics measure the engagement of learners through the learning journey. This is measured on the basis of completion of pre and post-workshop activities and participation in master classes
- Proficiency metrics: These metrics measure the proficiency gained through the learning intervention. This is measured through the learning action plans and scored post-assessment learning units
Rise is not just a learning journey, it is a carefully crafted learning experience. The program offers a mix of game, simulations, group processes, spaced practice, action projects, and a learner community.
Must for all new managers
Rise ParticipantUno Minda
With 5000+ learners in 10+ organizations, Rise is easily the most advanced and popular new manager program. Here are a few success stories.
Frequently asked questions
We work with top organizations
Setup a demo
Fill out the form below and a member of the Skills Cafe’ team will get in touch with you to tell you more about the program, handle your questions, and answer your doubts.