Engage: Stakeholder Management and InfluenceJune 29, 2022 2023-01-11 12:14
Engage: Stakeholder Management and Influence
Executives often find themselves in a position where they need to drive a new process, or collaborate with people who they have limited or no authority over. How can executives become more adept at handling these situations? How can they influence their stakeholders positively and be more successful? The Engage program focuses on measurable development of crucial skills required to be effective at mapping, influencing, persuading, collaborating, and negotiating with stakeholders.
Great managers boost employee productivity by an average of 11% and have lower turnover on their teams.
65% of employees would rather have a new manager than a pay raise.
Managers may account for as much as 70% of variance in employee engagement.
Gamified and blended learning journey
Rise has a unique, gamified, and blended learning journey. The program focuses on 6 crucial managerial skills – trust, goal setting, prioritisation, delegation, feedback, motivation and well being. Each skill is transferred through a blended approach with pre-workshop engagement and preparation, live and gamified master classes with action planning, and post-workshop spaced learning, reflection circles, and evaluation.
#1 - Simulation Challenge
A self-paced, action-packed, narrative simulation game in which participants take on the role of a leader who needs to build stakeholder commitment to implement a new project. Participants receive an individualised report after playing the game.
- Identify and map stakeholders
- Identify the style most suited to work with each stakeholder
- Identify techniques to persuade and influence stakeholders
#2 Influence without Authority
Executives often find themselves in a position where they need to drive a process, an initiative, or an agenda with people who they have limited or no authority. This gamified workshop is targeted at making participants improve their impact and influence.
- Understand the universal strategies of persuasion and influence
- Structure their communication for greater influence and impact
- Make the influencer a hero in their journey while ensuring their own goals are met
#3 Stakeholder Engagement
Most projects, processes and product implementations run into problems because of inadequate stakeholder engagement and support. In this live virtual and gamified simulation, participants apply the concepts of stakeholder mapping and engagement to move multiple stakeholders from unaware to a leading position.
- Map and identify critical stakeholders
- Engage stakeholders proactively by using the most appropriate technique
- Apply influencing and persuasion techniques to move stakeholders along the engagement continuum
#4 Conflict to Collaboration
It is not enough to influence and persuade stakeholders. Often one needs to actively manage conflict, negotiate, and build collaboration amongst stakeholders to achieve project success. The session is delivered using an online cooperative game where participants win by solving problems and working together.
- Understand different styles in handling conflict
- Map the most appropriate style of handing conflict to the situation
- Promote behaviors that lead to collaboration in the workplace
- Create an action plan to be more collaborative at work
The Rise learning journey is completely customisable. You can add the following topics to the learning journey to suit the needs of your audience.
Communicating with Impact
Collaboration in a Hybrid Workplace
Influence without authority
Large Account Management using Decision Making Units
All participants who achieve a threshold score in the evaluation process, are presented a Certificate of Merit.
Program evaluation criterion:
The program is evaluated using two metrics:
- Engagement metrics: These metrics measure the engagement of learners through the learning journey. This is measured on the basis of completion of pre and post-workshop activities and participation in master classes
- Proficiency metrics: These metrics measure the proficiency gained through the learning intervention. This is measured through the learning action plans and scored post-assessment learning units
Engage is not just a learning journey, it is a carefully crafted, blended learning experience. The program offers a mix of games, simulations, group processes, spaced practice, action projects, and a live learner community to enable learning transfer.
Frequently asked questions
Setup a demo
Fill out the form below and a member of the Skills Cafe’ team will get in touch with you to tell you more about the program, handle your questions, and answer your doubts.