About This Course
Today’s workforce operates in a highly dynamic and complex environment. Priorities can change frequently, and stakeholder conflicts can quickly snowball into issues that have a direct impact on efficiency, productivity, and customer facing KPIs.
In this virtual simulation driven workshop, participants will explore techniques to stay on top of everyday productivity challenges and get more done.
- A personal productivity and time management survey
Skill Drill 1: Kanban – Understanding the Core Principles (1.5 hour)
In this skill drill, we will explore the concepts of Opportunity Cost and Sunk Cost Fallacy. We will apply these concepts to personal time and productivity management to radically redefine how we view these topics. Participants will also explore why time management is a myth and why executives should instead focus on:
- Managing impact
- Managing focus
- Managing energy
Skill Drill 2: Creating Team Kanban (1 hour)
Managing impact is about prioritizing and choosing the tasks that have the maximum impact towards your goals while ensuring that routine tasks do not pile up. The Japanese Kanban Methodology is a framework that relies on simple techniques like visualizing the flow of work and reducing work-in-progress to dramatically improve everyday workplace productivity. In this experiential, simulation driven-workshop, participants explore the Kanban framework and apply it to everyday work.
In this section, participants will:
- Explore the Kanban framework
- Understand the core principles of Kanban – visualizing the flow of work and reducing work-in-progress
- Manage and maintain a personal Kanban board
- Use applications and technology to manage personal and team Kanban boards
- Identify simple rules to prioritize and reprioritize task
- 1 x post-workshop online, micro-simulations
- No prerequisites